Trucking accidents kill or injure thousands of men, women and children in the United States every year. Unfortunately, due to the size of theses vehicles, most people involved in an accident with an eighteen wheeler or large truck suffer serious injuries and, in some cases, death. Truck drivers and trucking companies that they work for are required by law to operate their trucks in a safe manner. The trucking industry is heavily regulated both at the state and federal levels. Trucking companies often put profits in front of safety and allow their drivers to operate trucks in an unsafe manner. Truck accidents are caused by a variety of factors including but not limited to the following:
- Maintenance issues
- Overloaded trucks
- Poorly maintained vehicles
- Running off the road
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Aggressive driving behavior
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving to fast for various weather conditions
- Unsafe reflectors, lights or other warning devices.
For a free and confidential consultation regarding a trucking accident case, please call me at 1-800-835-0019 or submit your case online at StevenCToups.com!